Monday, May 5, 2014

Merrily we roll along

 We decided to make a quick trip to the park last week. On the way we grabbed one of David's friends and brought him along to the park with us. Thomas likes fishing and has a house that backs up to this pond. He fishes a lot and asked if he could bring his pole along. Why not? :)
 David thought it was pretty neat. He'd like his own pole now so that he and Thomas can go fishing together. We might be able to arrange that... He does have a birthday coming up after all...

 Thursday morning was Peter's appointment. Kid was really tired after that blood draw. Turns out we might have to go back and do it over again. I really hope not, but something went wrong with the celiac test and it came up with inconclusive results. The lab is going to try the test one more time with the blood they have but if there isn't enough we'll go back and do another draw and hopefully that one will give us some results. In the mean time I'm trying to make him drink TONS of water and pedialyte so that we can get him well hydrated for another blood draw. Yeesh.

 David had his Space Derby last week. He was in the first heat and blew everyone else out of the water! And then, for some unexplainable reason, his rocket did terribly after the first couple rounds. Turns out one of the rubber bands had come off the hook on the inside and was gumming up the works. We only figured that out at the very end of the night. Oh well. It was fun anyway.

 We got a mower! And old school reel mower. It takes some muscle to use but is light enough that David can push it. He was asking all weekend for a turn at the mowing. Jonathan decided to let him. We'll see how long that lasts. ;) We're glad to have the mower, though. That yard is going to start growing a lot and we needed something quickly. I'd been monitoring Craigslist for months waiting for one in our price range to pop up. I learned quickly that if I didn't contact the owner within a day of it posting it was gone. Hot ticket items, who knew? But we finally snagged one and are pleased with how it works. It came with a sharpening kit, which is nice.

 Did something fun with my hair for church: crown braid! I've NEVER done that before. And my hair has been too short since Jonathan and I were married. It just barely worked, but it stayed in the whole time. Yay. I had to do something, church was really the last place I wanted to be yesterday. But that's another story.

Jonathan was asked to sing in a mens group for Mother's Day. They practiced after church. "Consider the Lilies of the Field". I might just have to leave when they perform it this next week. There's this one line at the end... "Consider the sweet tender children who must suffer on this earth..." Uh... Yeah.... NO. Not making it through that song.

We got some of Peter's test results back. As I said earlier the celiac test was not done correctly so they are going to have to re-do that one. His thyroid is fine. The CBC showed low hemoglobin and hemocratic levels, so he's anemic. It isn't too bad, but it is low. It explains his poor coloring and fatigue. I forgot to ask about the WBC. I'll call again tomorrow.

I went to the temple the other day. Wanted to not think about Peter for a little bit. Of course the name Peter kept coming up. Figures. So I was actually a wreck the entire time. A sweet sister came and found me later and said that it was okay to be emotional at the temple, it was such a happy place. I really wanted to yell at her. I'm not happy. I'm quite mad. She didn't know that, I'm sure that a lot of people have happy tears at the temple. She just assumed I'm one of them.

Sunday was equally difficult. Last place I wanted to be was church. I'm feeling anything but spiritual right now. I'm trying. I am. It just isn't happening. Peter has been sleeping rather fitfully the last few nights and I wake up every time he starts crying. So thank goodness it was my co-teacher's turn to teach our six 3-4 year olds. Someone put wiggle juice in their cereal that morning because they were bouncing off the walls. All of them. And crying, and sniffling, and whining. I got home and was absolutely wiped out. Peter and I took naps. Four hours later we got up and had dinner. And I was still tired. Ha!

I am grateful for the outpouring of care that has been shown to us. We have so many people praying for us, thinking positive thoughts for us, checking up on us to see what can be done to help. Thank you thank you thank you. It means the world to me. I'll know here soon just what we need by way of help, and I promise I'll keep everyone posted.

And prayer. *sigh* My wise friend, Chandler, counseled me to pray for comfort and peace until I can pray "Thy will be done". She's smart, that one. As far as BFFs go I think she's a keeper. I'll give that a go. Maybe it will help me sleep better. That and sleepy-time tea.

1 comment:

  1. Caroline, you are one of the most amazing people and moms I know. I can't even imagine how difficult all this is. I'm no expert but I'm starting to have some experiences that have showed me that Heavenly Father answers our prayers in some of the weirdest ways possible. :) Or so it seems to us. So I hope one day you'll look back and say "Oh. I see." My prayers are with you too!