Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Gingerbread houses

A couple days after Jonathan got home we had our first social engagement: a gingerbread house party at a friend's home. Jenny and I are visiting teaching companions, her oldest and David play well together, her second and Andrea are in primary together, and Peter and Lucy just started Sunbeams. Jonathan and Steve get along well. They are a fun family that has someone for everyone, and when talking about there family we always name someone different (i.e., David calls them Steven's family, Peter says Lucy's family, it isn't confusing or hilarious at all.)


There were a couple of other families there, and we all had a ball building our graham cracker houses and spending time with each other. I appreciated the grown up conversation, something I'd been entirely deprived of the previous two months.


The kids and I usually make a gingerbread house every year. I'd not gotten one and was trying to decide how to tell the kids that I didn't want to do one this year when we got the invite. Score! Jenny saved our Christmas! Ha!




No comments:

Post a Comment