Friday, January 13, 2017

This week

I don't think I take nearly enough pictures during the week. What pictures I do take end up on Instagram. Oh well.

This week has mostly consisted of our usual routine: the kids go to school, the kids come home from school, we lather, rinse, repeat.

Andrea was supposed to have some extensive dental work done this week but the goofy gas system was down at the dentist, so they called twice to reschedule and finally put her at the top of the ASAP waiting list. We will probably get a call next week and I'm hoping she gets in early the following. She has five cavities that need fixing and one tooth that will more than likely be extracted. After that I get to meet with an orthodontist and work up a plan, then call insurance and make a case for her braces to be covered because she has teeth coming up in rows BEHIND her teeth due to crowding issues and they are causing significant, medical damage to her mouth. So THERE.

David is working on scouts stuff and his Duty to God requirements. He's a Jr. Webelos. Things get real this year. He has been planning out his Pinewood Derby car for this year, too. He wants to go for the Turtle Award. He went for it last year and came in second. He just might do it this year. We shall see. I'm a little concerned because check-in is the 17th of March, the race is the 18th. Also those days are some St. Patrick's day performances with Andrea's dance. So those are the busiest days of the month and more than likely, because we are so busy, will be the days Little Bit decides to arrive. Lucky for me my sister is coming out that week, sacrificing the fun she could be having over Spring Break, and coming to spend it with me. I am unbelievably grateful that she would do this. We will probably put her to work more than she knows!

Peter got a haircut today. I realized that, while I love the curls he gets when his hair grows out some, most of his hair looked like Hermione the rat had created a nest in it. I asked if he would be willing to let me cut it when we got home from shopping. He said, "Um..... sure!" and then changed his mind when we got home. That was fine. He threw himself into a chair at the top of the stairs and tried to throw a fit, I just told him to come get me when he was ready for his haircut. Twenty minutes later he came to me and said, "I'm ready." And he got his trim. He looks like a very presentable little boy now.

I had an appointment at the OB's office today. I am currently seeing the midwives. I love the level of care I get there. They are very attentive and kind and helpful. They have a birth center that I'd love to use when its time, however I just have a feeling that's not going to happen. We will see how things play out.

Anyway, Little Bit is doing very well. She's measuring big for her gestational age by a week, however that's just length because weight-wise she is in the 51st percentile. That's significant to me because all of my other kids have been in the 80-90th percentile by this point. She also was head down. Yay! Hopefully she stays that way. Heartbeat was good, 154, and her heart and face looked perfect (we had an ultrasound to check those things specifically, they were missed the first time around). She likes to have her hands up by her face which totally correlates with the movements I feel most often. Her long little feet were tucked up nicely next to my ribs, but I've got a built in cushion at the moment because my placenta (which looks strong and healthy this time around) is blocking her feet.

I took the initial glucose screening test. The results are supposed to take a few days, and I didn't hear from them today so I hope that means I'm all clear. I'll call Monday to confirm. I did, however, get a call about my CBC. Apparently my iron levels are really low. The midwives wanted me on a liquid iron supplement. Turns out the stuff tastes delicious and has a ton of B-vitamins as well. That's good. I've lost more weight, no one seems terribly concerned about that. So I won't be terribly concerned.

Jonathan is studying for the bar and he is Platoon Leader this next month at drill. He's very busy preparing for both events. He's also very tired all the time because of it. At least he's sleeping.

I'm adding more to my list of things we need for baby. I read a funny "list" the other day: How to Know You are Done Having Kids. I had done EVERYTHING on that list. I kept very few baby clothes, have no furniture whatsoever, and need just about everything. Of course my excuse is not so much that I was done but that I had no room to store such things. Still. Fun times. I need burp rags and bottles. It is the little things that I'm noticing now that I don't have. I've got time.

In the mean time I've started nesting. It is making me want to rearrange the furniture and redecorate the space. After I've had a nap. Or two. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment