Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Making lemonade

Life handed us some real lemons at the beginning of the month. I felt like things were really falling apart and I wasn't sure how the end of this month was going to look for our family. At the moment the potential outcome did not look pretty.

Jonathan is not taking the bar today as planned. Lemon. The last year of incredible stress caught up to him, and he decided a couple weeks ago that it would be best to postpone the bar until he could study adequately and do well on the test. Smart move. Better that than go in half-cocked and fail. Fortunately if you give advanced notice that you will not be taking the bar as planned the association will hold a place for you in future exams. If you give 60 days notice it is only a $100 fee. Lemonade!

So to help regroup the family I've been working hard to make a camping trip happen. We're going to Nauvoo, Il and touring sites and camping at a nearby state park. Then if Jonathan needs an afternoon by himself I can take the kids off to do something fun and he can relax some. Lemonade!

Also, I was presented with an opportunity to earn some money without all the stress and labor of a sewing business. I've started selling Pampered Chef, and I'm loving it! I went to a show a little over a month ago with every intention of getting ONLY a pastry blender. I walked out with the very strong feeling that I should become a consultant. Last week was my first two shows! I have never considered myself to be a salesperson but apparently I'm pretty good at it; I did much better than I expected with those first two shows, and I have three confirmed shows, and several leads I'm following, as well as my first recruit. I give all glory to God, there is no way I could have done it myself. Lemonade!

So for the first time in a LONG time I worked full-time hours last week. Between piano lessons for my ten (10) students, trainings for The Pampered Chef, a vendor sale, and two shows I packed my week and came home exhausted. I think it was actually hardest on little Peter, but I think he'll forgive me. This week I packed all ten (10!!!!) of those students into one day (yesterday) and am prepping for a road and camping trip this weekend. I cannot wait for this chance to recoup and regroup with my husband and kids. I think we all need it.

I am sorry for the sparse blogs. It is taking back burner right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment