Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter

I put the kids' Easter baskets together last night. Most of it was candies I got at IKEA but I also managed to find chocolate frogs (complete with a Wizard trading card) and then my mom and dad sent up Kindereggs (thanks, Mom and Dad!).
I also made bow ties for all of my boys, but I didn't get them in the picture.

Today the choir sang an arrangement of Beautiful Savior that I revised. I included an children's chorus in the piece so David lended his beautiful boy soprano voice to the piece. I'm really proud of him and our choir. They did a great job and we got a lot of compliments, especially the children. I have to say, this calling has really challenged me, but it is worth the sacrifice to have Sunday's like today when the ward (and I) get to hear such beautiful songs that bring such a beautiful spirit. It was a good worship service.
The kids are officially transitioned to their new summer church outfits. We give them only one for each season. Andi and I went shopping for her dress on Tuesday. She was so happy to find that dress! And the boys all looked spiffs in their matching outfits.

At church I found out that a friend's husband was out of town for a test that was randomly scheduled for tomorrow. She has no family in the area so it was just her and her 17-month-old daughter at home. I really had to drag that out of her, and when I did I couldn't just let her celebrate Easter alone! So C and L joined us for fish tacos (we forgot to put the brisket in the oven before leaving for church). After dinner Jonathan and David went to scout out the park to see if the Easter bunny had been there. He had, so Andi, Peter, C and L, and I made our way to the park for a short hunt. It was so fun!


After the hunt we went back to the apartment for cake. The kids had decorated it with Peeps:

It was a great evening. I'm so glad we were able to share the night with friends. We have great people around us and I'm so grateful for their love and support. I'm always so glad to return the favor in some small way. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment