Monday, October 6, 2014

Faire

We finally used our free passes to the Ren faire a few weeks ago. Lucky for us all of the costumes I made last year still fit (YAY!!!!) and everyone was able to dress up. 


I tried really hard to get a good picture of all three kids in their faire wear....
 It is never going to happen...



For the first time we made it to the costume contest! Whoop!









My kids were definitely the best dressed, but at the faire all kids are winners. ;)





At some point we as we were wandering around one of the Queen's men stopped us and told us we needed to be at the knighting ceremony because the Queen would love seeing the kids. We made it, but only Andi would go up to be knighted.

 And I did indeed get lots of praise from the Queen. Before she knighted Andrea she asked for the parent who had made the costumes and said I'd done an amazing job. I blushed modestly. ;)

And then the day abruptly changed. Peter got stung by a bee on the lip RIGHT before the Queen came down to take a picture with all of the kids. I told Jonathan to run him off to the First Aid station, I'd get our picture with the big kids and then run up to meet him. But he didn't go. And the Queen ended up getting her picture with ALL the kids and a poorly dressed dad and then gave us directions to the First Aid station.

Poor boy got a FULL dose of Benadryl. FULL dose. He got really sleepy, but it stopped the swelling from getting any worse:
He slept the whole way home, and went to bed early that night. By the next evening the swelling was nearly gone:

So while the day ended on a rather frightening note, we actually had a lot of fun. I don't think their outfits will fit next year so I guess I better start finding more curtains and pillow shams. And we've already got a plan for next year's fairy house so we can get those free tickets. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment