Thursday, December 4, 2014

Cheer

We walked down the seasonal isle at Kroger yesterday and Peter saw a giant bear and shouted "BEAR!!! HUG!!!!" He could not do anything but squirm and squeal as I handed him that bear. He absolutely adores his bears at home, and he usually has one curled under and arm, twisting the soft fur between two left-hand fingers, whilst sucking his two middle fingers on his right hand. The true test for how soft something is would be to hand it to Peter and see what happens with those two fingers of his. If they go in his mouth, the item is acceptably soft. If they don't, move on; you will find something softer.

I bought pomegranates a couple months ago. Apparently they keep for a long time in the refrigerator! I pulled the last one out yesterday to top my salad and the big kids ate the portion I didn't use. It was the sweetest, juiciest pomegranate I've ever had. It was like eating candy!



The kids devoured every seed and splattered juice all over their faces. I see it as a mark of how good the pomegranate was.

David stayed home from school yesterday. He's home today, too. He's had a stuffed nose the last few days that interfered with his sleeping yesterday and made him feel pretty awful. So he worked on homework and read his scriptures and worked on crafts yesterday. Today will be more of the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment