Sunday, November 15, 2015


Last Saturday Jonathan graduated from Red Phase into White Phase. He was supposed to get a call home. Apparently his unit lost those privileges because he didn't call. I was hoping for a call today.... EVERY time the phone buzzed in church I'd check it. My family had a series of funny texts and, while I usually don't check my phone during church, I saw them all today and had a hard time keeping a straight face through Relief Society.

I led choir practice again today. We've got five Sundays to our big performance. I'm feeling better about things, the two big choir pieces are shaping up nicely with little effort. Yay. The other two pieces have been turned into smaller ensemble pieces with hand-picked singers. Those I am worried about.

 I watched a friend's little girl on Tuesday and Friday. I've done that for a long time. She's always a lot of fun to have around. Andrea especially likes having K around because she likes doing girly things with her that she can't do with her brothers. She asked for a baby sister. She said she always wants a hand to hold. So cute. (-.-)  She asked again for a baby sister on Thursday. Let me tell you a little bit about Thursday...

I have a job interview on Monday, but it has been so long since I have had to go in for a job interview that I didn't really have any clothes appropriate for an interview. I had some things I was going to just make work, but then Mom told me to go get something, she'd help out. So Peter and I went Thursday morning and were as thrifty and careful as possible picking out some clothes. I felt like I was on "What Not to Wear". I tried on a ton of things, but was super picky because I was trying to follow all the fashion "rules" out there. After four hours I found some of what I needed, but Peter felt like it would be the perfect moment to exactly disobey everything I asked of him. "Peter, come hold my hand!" and he'd RUN and hide in the clothes. "Peter, stop spitting" and he'd drop to the floor and lick it. I had to haul him out of one store in the football hold. And he just got worse as the day went on. We had to pick up the kids. He spent twenty minutes kicking and hitting so I couldn't get his shoes on. For those of you think I just wasn't being tough enough... no. Peter is really strong, and really fast. It is a workout to physically force him to do something he doesn't want to do. And at that moment getting his shoes on was the last thing he wanted to do. And so it went, as we ran around trying to get the last of my errands finished he just raised a little hell everywhere we went. By bedtime I was so beyond exhausted. And driving home from practicing a special musical number I for today, Andrea asked, yet again, for a baby sister. Peter was in his carseat screaming, I was ready to cry, and David was terribly short and cranky. So I said, "You either get a sister or a puppy, which one do you want??" Peter and David jumped on board the puppy train. Andrea wanted both at first, but after a half hour decided on a puppy. I'm so down for that.

My birthday present from my parents came in early! I LOVE IT!!! The kids like it too. David wants to get back to piano lessons. And I'm just happy to have something to play after the kids go to bed to unwind. It fits perfectly in our tiny apartment. It makes me giddy how perfectly it fits.

So I have felt for a while that my hair was getting a little out of control. Kinda like this:

In preparation for my interview I wanted to get my hair trimmed. Mom had a few suggestions, and I asked Emma for some advice (Great Clips or no?). I got it trimmed up yesterday. I tried a nicer salon in town, but I was a short notice walk-in and only had a sitter for an hour. They couldn't take me, so off to Great Clips I went. The lady took an INCH off my hair. I know that doesn't sound like a lot, but I've been growing my hair out for almost three years and every inch was hard won. I feel like my hair grows so slowly!! I told her to add more layers, and she worked quickly. It was a cheap, fast job. I didn't get it shampooed or styled, but it got the nasty, crusty, brittle ends off. I threw it back in a bun for the rest of the day and forgot about it until this morning. After I'd washed it and put my goop in it I realized that no layers were added. Because I didn't want to take off length the lady said she didn't want to shorten the layers too much because it would give my hair an odd shape. I guess that makes sense. But when I saw it this morning I realized absolutely nothing had changed and the layers ended up really odd and aren't blended like I thought they would be. I'm afraid to fix it I'd have to really shorten my hair, something I had really wanted to avoid. At least my hair isn't as ratty at the ends, but otherwise it didn't get any of the lift I'd hoped layers would give it. Oh well. Live and learn. I'll do the best with it that I can tomorrow for my interview. I'm sure in another eight months I'll go to another salon and get the right cut. Whatever that is. It is back in another bun with my hair stick. That seems to be the state of things as of late...

I miss Jonathan. I have no idea how he is doing, or what he is doing. We didn't get a letter at all this week. Last letter we got was on the 4th, dated the 1st. We'll see if we get anything this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment