Friday, March 21, 2014

Pinewood Derby

Last night was our pack's Pinewood Derby. The boys were beyond excited about the event, and David was no exception! We actually checked the car in Wednesday night and got to check out all of the other nifty cars. There were some amazing cars there (including a fantastic, sparkly, pink Hello Kitty car for the open class race)! We have some really creative kids in this pack. :)

Yesterday I realized I hadn't seen a sign up for snacks, so I asked if I'd missed them. Turns out we hadn't even discussed them! Oops. So I volunteered for the snack committee.
  Root beer floats, rice krispies, fruit trays, and popcorn to the rescue! Someone added their kids' fruit snacks and we were all set. We had just enough for all of the guests there.


Then the races began! Tiger den was up first. Just two boys...

 And David came in second. Next year I think Jonathan will put the wheels in...
 But David still got a medal and was happy. :)


We only have one more meeting before we switch to our new pack and we sure are sad to go. We've really enjoyed being a member of this pack! I won't miss the hour drive to and from pack meetings, but I will miss the friends we've made there.

No comments:

Post a Comment