Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Fast-Forward

This weekend we said a temporary good-bye to David's the Ottos. They were David's Primary teachers a few months ago and they really meant a lot to him. David really looks up to them and enjoyed having them as teachers. We were doubly lucky because Brother Otto was also our home teacher. David was always so excited to see him and made a special point to say hello to both of them at church.
They are currently expecting (a girl!!) and are moving to Mexico for work for two years. David is really sad about that and hopes that we will still be in Michigan when they get back. I do, too!

Saturday night Andi and I went grocery shopping, just us two girls. It was a fun night.
Then we used her free meal coupon and went to Chili's for dinner, just us  two girls. We had fun, and it was nice to focus on Andi for a little bit without the distraction of her brothers.

Sunday we stopped by the garden and brought home some goodies.
The kids were so excited to pull up the carrots. So was I! Nothing beats the flavor of a garden-grown carrot.
That night Jonathan and I watched a few Doctor Who episodes while tying a baby quilt.
I discovered a really nice batting that makes the quilts even more squishy and soft after washing them. I'm never going back!! It was on sale at JoAnn's, otherwise I would never have tried it. But now that I have that's all I'm going to get from now on; Extra-Loft batting - it is good stuff!
Now this quilt is winging its way across the country. Should be at its new home tomorrow, ready to be loved on by a new baby. :)

Last Friday, half-way through our jog, David decided to step up his game and just jog. It was tough for me to keep up, and so I said, "David! You can't do that! It was so hard!" He got all wide-eyed and looked at me and said, "Mom! Are you WHINING?" He thought it was hysterical that our roles were so reversed. So Monday David decided he was done whining and was going to set the pace for our jog. It was incredibly hard! For our jogging stints he was keeping a pretty steady 11 min. mile. I wanted to die. 

After that we had speech, and David did his school work...

After which we all went up to the church where David has his reading class.

For FHE we ran errands. Lame, I know, but we're doing the REAL project tonight. So Monday night we went and found David new running shoes, shoes for Peter (he's still not walking, and shows no interest, so he needs to soft-soles shoes but no-one but the specialty shops carry soft-sole shoes for a size 5.5 baby), and socks for Peter and Andi. I can't believe how big my kids are getting. It is crazy!! David is no longer in the kids sizes, he's in youth 1 - 1.5. When did that happen? Target didn't have church shoes in David's size, so we've still got to stop somewhere and find those.

Monday night I finished off Peter's dress tunic. He's also got pumpkin pants now. All he is missing is the hat. That's on today's to-do list.

I don't have a whole lot left with those costumes:

Andi - Skirt waistband needs extending and buttons; collar needs ruffle; she needs a hat.

Peter - Needs a hat.

David - Doublet needs more buttons, zipper, and collar; shirt collar needs ruffles; he needs a hat.

I'll totally be done by Thursday night. ;)

In other news I went to my weight-loss therapy group yesterday and weighed in. Lost 6 lbs since last weigh in two weeks ago. Yay!! Between that number, David's desire to win something at the Chocolate Run 5k, and the MyFitnessPal app I think I'm headed in a good direction. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment